Sunday 7 August 2016

My Travel Makeup Bag

As I said previously said in my last blog post, I will shortly be going away on holiday to Florida. So I thought I'd share with you the contents of the makeup bag I will be taking with me.
Usually I wear hardly any makeup on holiday but, this time I will be celebrating my birthday and my parents anniversary whilst I'm away so we will be going out for meals where I will want to look fairly formal and dressed up.

               

I take my makeup in a clear toiletry bag so it is easier to find the products I need. This bag comes in a set with a larger and smaller size bag, you can purchase this from Boots.

Firstly I pack in order of what products I put on my face. Starting with primer, I take an oil controlling one and a bronzing one for when I begin to tan. Here is the Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue Primer and the Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Primer that has a bronze tint with a shimmer.
                       

Moving on to foundation, I take my everyday and a darker, full coverage foundation to add to my everyday when my tan begins to develop. This time I'm taking the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and the Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation, both are long wearing and can be used for either a fuller or sheerer coverage.
                        

Similarly to taking a darker foundation to mix with my everyday one as my tan becomes darker, I take my normal concealer that matches my natural skin tone then a darker shade to mix. This is the MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer and the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.
                       

As a powder, I like to take my favourite which is the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Powder. This controls shine for a longer duration and it also has a mirror and sponge in a compartment below the powder.
                       

When it comes to bronzer, blusher and highlighter, I find it better to take a palette that includes them all, this way it leaves more space. I take a bronzer that can be used as a contouring powder too and by taking a palette with a large mirror it makes traveling a bit easier. I'm taking the Nars Virtual Domination Palette which includes a bronzer, 3 blushers and a highlighter.
                                                                                             


When I want a more dramatic highlight, I love my Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette. It has 1 cream and 3 powder highlights, which all give a gorgeous glow to the skin.


 Then for eyebrows I find taking a retractable eyebrow pencil saves space rather than taking a powder and having to take an extra brush. Also, I take a brow gel to keep the hairs in place throughout the day. I will be taking the Anastasia Beverley Hills Brow Wiz and the Lancôme Brow Gel.
                                                              

Moving on to eyes, I take an eye shadow palette that has a good range of mattes and shimmers, I stick to neutral shades as they go with everything! Also, I take a pigment and a liquid and pencil liner to add drama to a look. I rarely wear mascara during the day but I will take one for night time. So this time I will be taking- the Urban Decay Gwen Stafani Eye Shadow Palette, MAC Pigment in Melon, Rimmel Scandaleyes pencil and liquid liner both in black, and the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara.
Lastly, for lip products I take 3 lip liners, a pink, nude and red one. Then I take 3 lipsticks- a peach, nude and red. I also take a bright pink and a more brown toned nude and a nude lip gloss. I will be taking the: MAC Lip liner in Soar, Maybelline Lip liner in Sweet Pink and Pleasure Me Red, MAC Creme Sheen Lipstick in Creme Cup, Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 38, Lancôme Lipstick in 132, Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi and Istanbul, and lastly the Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Lunch Date.
                
                                                                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment