Friday 23 December 2016

Gingerbread House Decorating

Every Christmas I love to decorate a gingerbread house. I bought a lot from Asda and followed the instructions on how to bake the gingerbread biscuits to build my house.
Make sure that after you have baked your biscuits, you leave them to completely cool before you begin to decorate and put the structure together.
Then with the icing, included in the kit, decorate each panel, this will be a lot easier than decorating them once the house is put together. Otherwise, your house will fall apart!
I decorated the roof panels first,  I piped tiles along each one and it is so simple to do. With holly sprinkles that I found at Asda, I stuck them along the tiles to add a festive touch. Then to make it look as though it had snowed, I sprinkled some white glittery sprinkles (from Asda) all over the panel and it added a finishing Christmassy look!
For the front of the house, I piped a small door and some wavy lines, then stuck a large snowflake at the top (from Asda) and added some small red balls from the holly sprinkles to add more colour.
On the back of the house, I simply stuck some candy canes at each side, piped a window and stuck a little Santa in the window.
Then I cut a larger hole in the piping bag the icing came in, and began to structure together the gingerbread house on a cake board.
To create some Christmas scenery on the board, I piped a little walkway to the front door and used jelly beans as pebbles along it. I then stuck down some little snowmen and trees to finish it off!

Thank you for reading and make sure you comment below pictures of your gingerbread house. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment